Chaplaincy Council Minutes 24/01/2019

Chaplaincy of Holy Trinity, Sliema

Held in Bishop’s House, Council Meeting: Thursday 24th January 2019 @ 10:30 Meeting chaired by Dagmar MacQueen

Present

Ursula Smith- Church Warden

Paul Smith- Deputy Church Warden

Aileen Grech – Secretary

Judith Buttigieg

Dagmar MacQueen

John Bryant

Apologies for absence

Mike Hathaway - Church Warden

Doug McQueen - Chairman

Glyn Toller

Sian Pledger

Kate Hudson

Joyce Gibson

Tessa McQueen

Carol Lee

Minutes of the previous meeting

Accepted as read

Matters arising from the minutes of the previous meeting

Aileen to send VO form to Dagmar

Finance and fundraising

Finance

No accounts ready as yet as Finance auditor has been away

Need to appoint and auditor, Ursula is looking to find one immediately as the accounts must be audited before AGM.

Approx. €23,000 in the accounts

Fundraising

Antiques Road Show last Saturday 23rd February. Ursula responsible

in hall

So far a specialist has been obtained for

Antiques stamps

Antique Coins

Vintage clothes

More specialists required for various other areas

Shrove Tuesday 5 March €2.50 for two pancakes and tea or coffee

Dagmar responsible

Lent appeal, Aileen to contact Elizabeth for details

Lent Lunch 23rd March. Dagmar will make the soup

Easter fair Sat 6th April

Events for independence Sunday (5th May), service followed by wine & cheese everyone to make list of who to invite.

Afternoon Tea 18th May Aileen responsible

Barbershop Singers as opener in Holy Trinty

other dates

Sat 30th March to make posies

Sat 13th April to make crosses

Fabric

Still to complete 5 year plan. To include health and safety issues.

Church hall

Waterproofing completed by placing pipes instead of the gulley.

Area is flooding so a drain is to be put in.

Small sitting room has been redecorated and improved to be more comfortable and safe.

Pruning of trees in Bishop’s House to be done urgent. A quote has been provided.to attach to the minutes. Proposer Ursula Smith, seconded John Bryant.

Carried

Suggested by council that if a quote is less that 1000 there will be no need to get 3 quotations. Proposer Ursula Smith, seconded John Bryant.

Carried

The council discussed that if any jobs are be done must be approved by council and jobs appointed to individuals

Health and Safety

Nothing has moved forward as yet, John has contacted Fire services and a Health and safety.

It was suggested that we should ask Chris Hudson

Emergency lighting on stairs from Flat in Bishop’s House should be purchased.

Fees

Fees were discussed regarding weddings, funeral and baptism etc. All fees agreed except Funerals, Ursula to check and memorials, Dagmar and John to do some research

Safeguarding

The topic of safeguarding needs to be discussed with Kate and nothing has been done since the Chaplaincy conception. If Kate does not wish to do it another safeguarding officer needs to be appointed. Doug to be asked to speak to Kate.

All members of the council must do level 1.

New Incumbent

Everything is in place, all documentation has been accepted.

Will be in the church times twice during March, April for responses. Interview 7th May. Appoint from that meeting. 1st September induction.

Any other business

Information to be advised at least 4 weeks in advice to be included on the pew sheet.

Proposal, On 4 or 5 special occasions we will be including the use of incense and bells.

Proposer. Paul Smith, seconded Ursula Smith

Carried

Safeguarding document from the Diocese was read to the council. Adopted by the council and signed by both church wardens.

Book donated by family of Gill Doe, given to the church. Paul will have it framed and placed near the notice board.

New electoral roll needs to be created before AGM

Waiting for figures from Royal Legion re the amount collected on remembrance day.

AGM 28th April

Next meeting, Saturday 31st March at 10:30 in Bishop’s House

50 views